This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

hello, how can I installing Skype and Thunderbird ?

vassi

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:14:57 am

hello, how can I installing Skype and Thunderbird ?

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:00:22 pm

Open Software - to the right of the menu, once the Software Centre is open, click on 'Internet' section and you will see Thunderbird listed. For Skype you need to go to the official site and download 'Skype for Linux':

https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype ... for-linux/

Click on the download link marked DEB and install using Software (Centre/er)

vassi

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53:39 pm

thanks a lot, Thunderbird is ok, but Skype installed but I cannot find, only I see remove, also do you know how Installing Greek keyboard?

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19:56 pm

Your welcome friend! I had to test the skype thing myself and I am running 64-bit Zorin 12.1 Ultimate - for me it puts 'Skype for Linux Beta' under 'Internet' group in Menu:

Skype for Linux Beta.jpg

As for Greek Keyboard, Open your Menu and then choose Settings on the right - see above screenshot of Menu.

Then click on 'Region & Language':

Settings.jpg

Then click on the 'plus' + sign under 'Input Sources':

Input Sources.jpg

Now I have not done this obviously but you may be asked for your login password to install the necessary components.

Then scroll down to the three vertical dots to show more and click on the vertical three dots/squares:

Add input source.jpg

Then select 'other':

Other.jpg

Then scroll down to choose the correct Greek keyboard that matches your requirements:

Greek.jpg

Kali spera! :D

vassi

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16:58 am

thanks a lot! all is ok!
ευχαριστώ! όλα είναι εντάξει!