This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

BitDefender Antivirus

@c%pv?$(+m/^4#&h

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:18:27 pm

Hello Everyone, I have not posted back as I have only recently installed Zorin os 12 to an external harddrive. Everything is running fine. I am having a problem installing BitDefender-Antivirus-Scanner-7.7-1-linux-amd64.deb.run. I already have the free licence key, it was emailed to me before the download. It opens straight away in the terminal, and runs through the licence
agreement, and then it says type accept. Every time I type accept it closes the terminal. I have tried different ways typing yes, ok, and the terminal just closes every time. It would be
appreciated if someone is able to help me.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:21:07 pm

Back shortly - Dad's Taxi calls! ;)

qnarkill

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15:33 pm

It might just be that its not going to run at all...
"On December 31st, 2015, a number of Bitdefender products reached End of Life (EOL) status. Here is a list of products that are no longer maintained by the Linux team:
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers (FreeBSD and Solaris)
BitDefender Security for Samba (Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris)
BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices (Linux and FreeBSD)"

Try these
https://sourceforge.net/p/scrollout/wik ... tDefender/

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:17:27 pm

Thanks for the headsup qnarkill (and thanks for helping out recently - 240 blue jewels to you sir!).

In view of qnarkill's updated information, I would give Comodo AV a try - it is a bit tricky to setup but I have created a How to here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&hilit=+Comodo

@c%pv?$(+m/^4#&h

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:33:28 pm

Hello Everyone and thank you all for replying so quickly. I will give Comodo a go, and see what fun I have with that. I will follow your instructions, and see how I go. Probably will end up
sitting here having a great old giggle. I will post back and let you know how I went.

@c%pv?$(+m/^4#&h

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38:00 pm

Hello Swarfendor437, I have download Comodo, and I actually managed to install, downloaded the tar.driver, and everything is working, has updated, scanning fine. Thank you so much for this.
I had driven myself a bit nuts over the last week or so trying to get some type of antivirus installed.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:04:17 pm

Glad to help friend! You might like to take a peek at my latest wallpaper here:

https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1172493/

:D

@c%pv?$(+m/^4#&h

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:40:51 am

Hello again Swarfendor, Your wallpaper is lovely. At the moment I am using the pretty out of space wallpaper. I do have one more little issue I have been trying to fix for the last week.
Everytime I boot back into Windows 7, Zorin has changed the time in the bios and Windows. If I just run Windows for a few days, with the external harddrive unplugged, Windows keeps
the time correct. I have typed in that many different commands, given on advice, and none of them work. The clock on installation has been set to Australia/Sydney AEDT and it says +1100.
The date stays correct. I do not want to change Windows time, because it has worked really well all the way through. My pc is Asus A85XM-A. I am really enjoying Zorin, and it is user
friendly like Windows 7. Thank you.

@c%pv?$(+m/^4#&h

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26:22 am

Hello Everyone, I think I have found my answer to Zorin changing the time in the bios and windows 7. I had a look at the settings in date and time, and I noticed
Automatic Date and Time were turned on
Automatic Time Zone turned on
I have turned both off, and booted back into Windows, and the time has not changed, and also in the bios the time is still correct.
I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:31:04 am

Glad things are sorted - gentle reminder - if a different issue, please start a new thread! ;) :D