This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

System Drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-NS230E

BenK

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:21:35 am

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS230E that I saved from scrap and I'm getting ready to put a new hard drive in it and charge it up and hopefully it works. Once I get it working, I'd like to install Zorin on it but I can't seem to find any system Drivers for it anywhere. I was wondering if it's even possible to have drivers for it for this OS? If so can someone please provide them for me? Also it's been a long time since I last used a Linux based OS, which was Ubuntu 10.04. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08:09 pm

Hi, There aren't any proprietary drivers for any GNU/Linux for proprietary hardware - whoever makes them! Back later - end of lunch break. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:51:49 pm

OK, just done a search for your Notebook and Ubuntu issues but can't find anything specific to your model in respect of issues/resolutions. The best advice I can give is download the .iso of your choice from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin- ... rce=navbar

and either burn to DVD or create a USB thumb drive to boot off in live mode and see how it fares. ;) :D