This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Making Zorin 12 look like Zorin 9...

fireflyte

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55:10 am

Hi all, ^_^
Is there a theme or some other way to give Zorin 12 the aesthetic appearance of Zorin 9?
I used an old Zorin 9 Lite installation to burn a Zorin 12 Core disc and ran the latter, live, preparing to install but I don't like it... :/

I, kinda, get why they did it but the developers have given it a much darker and, in my opinion, ugly, chunky and clunky Windows 8/10 look which I don't like at all.
I far prefer the bright, clean, slick looks of version 9 and, it seems, I'm not alone..
So strong is my preference for the version 9 look that, if there is no way to change the look back, am tempted to just stick to the old installation!
Would this be advisable/safe to do?

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06:55 pm

OK for 9 Core/Ultimate as is supported until April 2019 - but if Lite it may already have expired as it is based on Lubuntu and LTS for Lite, like Lubuntu is 3 years, not 5. You could always try and install Cinammon DE and download some early Zorin Themes or failing that install Cinammon DE which has a 'similar' look and feel:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

Please note that weather in Cairo Dock DE no longer works!

fireflyte

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:58:03 pm

Well, it is Lite but I just might have Zorin 9 Core ISOs on another computer..
If not, is there still anywhere to download 9 Core and/or Ultimate?

fireflyte

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:58:53 pm

OK, it turns out that the ISO files I had were, indeed, Zorin 9 Core (32 Bit) and Zorin 91 Core (64 Bit) so I have installed the latter.
I'm a happy bunny now. :P

Thanks for your reply, Swarfendor437 :)

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:44:04 pm

No problemo! Will mark as [RESOLVED] :D