This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Evolution 3.10.4

alpha1

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33:24 pm

Hi Again Guys
I am running Evolution as above for my mail.
However i have found recently that it is duplicating accounts.
and keep asking for password plus other issues.

My point being am i able to upgrade this version to one that is up to date - deb? (Zorin)
Or do i have to wait for a new release or upgrade my OS.
Can you please advise here.

Many thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30:41 pm

Hi, I used to like Evolution but I much prefer Claws Mail these days. My advice to you would be to remove Evolution (I take it your emails are stored on line - if they are expunged from your mail server after download via your ISP then I suggest you backup any message data files - not sure how that works in GNU/Linux compared to .pst in Outlook but see if you can export your emails first before removing Evolution then download the latest .deb package and install that - there was a program I installed but memory is fading which stipulated "there is an older version in 'Software'"/repository". I just ignored that and installed and no issues. Wish I could remember what the App was! :D

Make sure you try to install using Gdebi Package Manager as that will tell you if there are any missing dependencies before installing. :D