This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

"not optimum mode please run at 1920x1200 60hz"

NuII

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41:58 am

alright so im ~ATTEMPTING~ to install zorin to dual boot it and windows 10

i can get to the part were it asks to install easily from booting from my usb but if i attempt to install OR boot without installing

my screen goes dark and a little samsung message appears telling me to run it at 1920x1200 60ghz

is there ANY way to change the resolution inside the files on my USB and then install?

also before you say get a new monitor.. nah

monitor: syncmaster 2443bw (yes i know its terrible i got it for free dont judge)

gpu (if it matters): msi GTX 1060 6gb

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04:12 pm

Hi, when you see the accessibility logo in live boot mode (little man = keyboard) press the 'Esc'ape key - this will show the current language of the system. Press 'Esc' again to see other options - Press F3 to change keyboard layout to your locale if needed and press enter after selecting new locale. Next press F6 and check mark 'acpi = off' and 'nomodeset' and see if that improves the situation. Keep us posted! ;) :D

NuII

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10:06 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, when you see the accessibility logo in live boot mode (little man = keyboard) press the 'Esc'ape key - this will show the current language of the system. Press 'Esc' again to see other options - Press F3 to change keyboard layout to your locale if needed and press enter after selecting new locale. Next press F6 and check mark 'acpi = off' and 'nomodeset' and see if that improves the situation. Keep us posted! ;) :D

yeah tried that it didnt work

seems like its something with my graphic's card but alas i dont have a VGA cable handy

ill go to the store and pick one up as i think that will solve my problem