This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

grudge mu in zorin

temudjin

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56:19 am

hi to all,imagine the thickest idiot you ever met,well thats me using linux.i am trying to run an online game called grudgemu season 6 and am having no joy,i have managed to load using wine and have managed to get it to connect to the server to update but when i press the connect to play it just exits the page.any ideas would be much appreciated.

Wolfman

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:10:44 pm

Hi,

did you install all the updates and also the drivers for your graphics card?.

Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers (ATI and Nvidia only)

Regards Wolfman :D

temudjin

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:26:23 am

yes i installed the graphics drivers,but its like when you close a page down and you get the shatter effect on the screen,thats what happen when i try to connect to game,cheers temudjin

Wolfman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05:22 am

I suspect that this is a flash player issue if you are playing an online game, open Synaptic and type "flash" in search, look for the installed version of flash player and right click on it and add the recommended and suggested packages, there are a few of them.

Regards Wolfman :D

temudjin

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:16:58 am

hi wolfman ty for your help but it appears that the gameguard in this type of online game means that ubuntu or any derivitives will not allow them to run