This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Two things I really want

xForcer

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:20:04 pm

Hey all

There are 2 things I really really want to fulfil my Linux experience.

1. Mouse Middle click for scrolling. I got used to click middle click to scroll when using internet browsers

2. "Show desktop" icon. Same as on Windows 7, you can click it to minimize or maximize windows on current screen.

I installed an app called Tweak Tool but I haven't found it there.

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20:25 pm

1. To get middle click you need Firefox and the tip here after opening a new tab:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php ... st10892617

2. Under Tweak Tool, Click on 'Extensions' scroll to the bottom and 'get more extensions' link then search for 'show desktop'. :D

xForcer

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32:27 pm

I guess I can't do it then on Vivaldi?

I installed "show desktop button" but I have an error saying "Extension does not support shell version". I installed by downloading it from github and then installing the zip and restarting.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:48:04 pm

Your better installing Chrome extensions to allow Gnome extension website to integrate with the desktop. ;;-)

xForcer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51:29 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Your better installing Chrome extensions to allow Gnome extension website to integrate with the desktop. ;;-)

I installed an extension but there is still one thing that isn't supported on chrome or vivaldi. There is a workaround however that I tried, but still no success. Hehe :)

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50:38 pm

Hi, I am not talking Chrome extensions for the Chrome browser - in order for me to be able to 'switch on' an extension from the official gnome wiki site I had to install some 'chrome' extensions to Firefox to get desktop integration of installing the extensions directly from the Gnome wiki - apologies for not making that clearer. ;) :D

xForcer

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44:35 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I am not talking Chrome extensions for the Chrome browser - in order for me to be able to 'switch on' an extension from the official gnome wiki site I had to install some 'chrome' extensions to Firefox to get desktop integration of installing the extensions directly from the Gnome wiki - apologies for not making that clearer. ;) :D

I'll try one more time.

xForcer

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:42:24 pm

I did everything and it's working fine. Thank you Swarfendor for all your time spent on helping me! Really man, thank you.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01:24 pm

Pleasure - helping out is second nature to me friend! ;) :D

Will mark as [SOLVED]