This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Install Programs

rvollick

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:17:44 pm

When I use Package Manager I cannot find the installed program

rvollick

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:11:16 pm

Thanks. The program is installed but I can't find it.When I search all files I can find, /usr/share/man/man1/aldo.1.gz but I can't open it.

Wolfman

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:15:19 pm

Hi,

all you have done is downloaded a package and I assume you have extracted it too, you have not installed the program!!. (What you have is a zipped package, you should always try and find "deb" packages!!)

What program is it you wish to install and did you try Synaptic or the Ubuntu software manager??.

Please tell us what package it is you wish to install, then maybe we can tell you how!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

rvollick

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:08:32 pm

Hi. The program is in Synaptic and is under amateur radio. The name is aldo morse code training program. Marked as installed,also software manager as installed,but I can't find it. Thanks Ron

rvollick

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:06:15 pm

OK Thanks for the help

Wolfman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:22:55 pm

Hi,

another tip I can give you is when you are installing packages using Synaptic, always right click on the file name and see if there are any recommended or suggested packages to add to the download!!. Some programs have non critical dependencies will help them function (possibly) better!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:46:59 pm