This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12 Desktop replaced by gnome during update

lesterwaltz

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:12:27 pm

I was presented with the usual updates ready so I started the updates. When it was complete, the Zorin 12 desktop was gone and was replaced by the Gnome 3 desktop. I logged out and back in choosing Zorin desktop and also tried the default desktop. Still the same Gnome 3 desktop. This has happened on 3 different computers so have downgraded 3 computers back to Zorin 9 for a temporary solution. I have also tried using sudo apt-get upgrade and the change to Gnome3 still happened.

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53:47 pm

Hi, I believe there is a bug in the Gnome Extensions that are Zorin specific. If you have not yet done so, install gnome-tweak-tool but make sure you change your software update source from your country/locale server to Main Server. Once you have installed gnome-tweak-tool it will place Tweak Tool under System Tools. Launch Tweak Tool and in left pane select Extensions then in right pane scroll down to Zorin Panel and Zorin Taskbar and switch both of them on. You should now get your Zorin desktop back.