This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] No sound through cooler

Bodrey

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:52:33 pm

I have the Logitech N700 laptop cooler with built-in speakers. I just installed Zorin but I can't get the sound to play through the N700's speakers, only the laptop's built-in, tinny speakers. I installed Winamp using PlayOnLinux. Does anyone know what I have to do to configure Winamp to play through the N700?

Wolfman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:08:12 am

Check in sound preferences that the hardware is listed and selected!!. Control Center > Sound > Preferences > Hardware and Input!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Bodrey

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply WM, but here's the strange thing... there isn't a Sound applet under my Hardware section so nothing to configure. However, I did install a Pulse Audio applet and indeed it does recognize the N700. Alas, the volume meter for it shows both channels at 0 (essentially muted). So near and yet so far...

Wolfman

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15:16 pm

Hi Bodrey,

install the package "paman" (Pulse Audio Manager) which will pull in a couple of other packages, also; "libsox-fmt-all". These packages may help solve your problem!!.

Restart and check your settings again after installation of the above packages!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Bodrey

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:02:30 pm

Hey, WM... got it going. While in Sound Preferences I plugged in the N700, it recognized it right away and I selected it as the output source. Voila!