This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Newer system and Zorin OS 12 compatibility

MarRic

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:11:41 am

I gave the old desktop pc I was using to someone who's Windows pc was compromised by malware -- they like linux and Zorin OS 12! I only showed them a few basic things and they are quite happy.
Now I'm on the hunt for a different tower and it occurred to me I should make sure the system I'm looking at will be ok with Zorin OS 12: Intel Core i5 6400 (2.7 GHz) 12 GB 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 530.
Will I have any issues with this newer system?

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:12:13 am

OK, is this a Desktop or a Notebook? Have you purchased the kit/Notebook yet?

MarRic

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47:37 pm

It is a desktop, I have not purchased it yet. It is an "openbox" item, so I may not get the "accessories", but I don't need cables, keyboard and mouse, so I'm ok with that. I already have a good monitor with the correct connections for this motherboard. It will not be used for gaming, just hoping for better performance working with "light" graphics, spreadsheets, and 12 tabs open on the browser :)

MarRic

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:40:33 pm

I was trying to be patient and wait for an answer, but have decided to make the purchase before the computer is sold. Thank you anyway. You may close the thread.

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:48:13 pm

OK - I needed confirmation on what the kit was and it is the weekend! I appreciate that you have to get kit before it goes - I know that only too well! If the graphics is pure Intel and not an nVidia hybrid I will keep my fingers crossed that it will work but try to see how things fair in 'live' mode first and report back in a new thread. Will mark as [CLOSED]. ;) :D