This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin the 12 with DSL connection problem [translated]

ADog

Sat May 27, 2017 11:50:15 pm

ola,nao sei fazer post corretamente mas vou explicar como puder.
meu nome e allan sou brasileiro e sou usuario linux ja tem 4 anos mas nunca tive problemas de rede como oque estou tendo agora com o ZorinOS
o ZorinOS 12.1 é um belissimo sistema mas nao me da a opçao de fazer conexao DSL (internet a cabo sem roteador) ou como alguns conhecem (banda larga)
o problema e esse,quando vou no menu de conexoes ele nao me da uma opçao de conexao DSL espero que alguem possa me ajudar

[English translation:

Ola, I do not know how to post correctly but I will explain how I can.
My name and Allan am Brazilian and I am Linux user is 4 years old but I have never had network problems as what I am having now with the Zorinos
The ZorinOS 12.1 is a beautiful system but do not give me the option of making connection with DSL (cable Internet without router) or as some know (broadband)
The problem and this, when I go on the menu of connections he does not give me a option of DSL connection Hopefully someone can help me]

Swarfendor437

Sun May 28, 2017 12:32:57 pm

Ola! Please take a look here [Por favor, dê uma olhada aqui]:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation ... rface.html

Whilst the guide states red hat distribution the interface is the same. [Enquanto o guia dos Estados Red Hat distribuição a interface é a mesma.]

NetworkManager.jpg

Wired1.jpg

Wired2.jpg

wired3.jpg

ADog

Sun May 28, 2017 5:19:17 pm

no meu zorin 12.1 nao tem a op;ao de conexao DSL esse e o problema

Swarfendor437

Sun May 28, 2017 11:44:46 pm

Hi, having just watched YouTube on Makulu latest releases both xfce and Lindoz you might do better with that?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2154&start=230#p57552

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShv05N9fZI

Swarfendor437

Mon May 29, 2017 9:19:41 pm

Just had another look at this issue - please open a terminal and enter [Só tinha um outro olhar para esta questão-por favor abra um terminal e digite]:

Code:
sudo pppoeconf

Does this get you any further? [Isso te leva mais longe?]