This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't install Zorin

danthapimp

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24:38 am

Greetings. I am unable to install the new version of zorin is premium
"What ever the paid version is called". When I boot into my USB drive "laptops now a days don't have CD-ROM". I get to the zorin Z symbol and that's about it. I have a Dell "yeah I screwed up but so did you alll who over paid for alien ware " Inspiron 7559 with the i7 processor. If you google dell inspiron 7559 Linux install you can see how screwed I am. Any solutions? I heard a rumor zorin was just ubuntu with a theme but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone can help.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50:13 pm

Looks like it has issues with all OS's!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... t/19681400

Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu but in 12.1 it uses Gnome Shell instead of Ubuntu's Unity.

Before you get to the glowing Z at boot time you should see a little person emblem = keyboard - at this point you should press the space-bar and it will show the language selection menu, which is English by default. Press Escape key on keyboard then press F3 to select your keyboard layout language - use your up/down arrows (cursor keys) to select the language of your keyboard and press enter after you have chosen the correct layout. Now press F6 and check mark the following items:

nomodeset, acpi=off, noapic.

Escape after you have checked your F6 items (oh nearly forgot, 'quiet splash' if it is there).

Now select, 'Try without installing' Live version, to see if you get any further than the glowing Z. ;) :D