This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Help! Black screen after login

enmanueljordan

Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33:26 am

Greetings, someone could help me, I'm new using zorin, I have a problem sometimes Zorin stays frozen (Screen in black) after logging in. I have to restart manually to try to start again. This happens to me in 4 out of 10 sessions. any solution? I am a neophyte in unbutu, so I would appreciate an answer, as for a child. Thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06:06 pm

Have you installed any proprietary graphics drivers? For starters, please read this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

Thanks.

enmanueljordan

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29:39 pm

Hello, just install Zorin, after installing I must do something additional? I already tried it in live-usb and I had no problems. These are the characteristics of my lapto

Toshiba Satelite A205 S5000

2 gb de RAM

Zorin 12 is the only OS on the computer.

Grapihc Intel 956 Cm X86/mm/ssf2

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37:34 am

Hi this may help:

https://allanbogh.com/2016/01/05/ubuntu ... for-linux/

and a link to this:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/ ... -os-v2.0.2

Boot to the Login Screen, then on the top right-corner on the cog, select Restart while holding the left 'shift key' - be sure you are connected directly to your router by cable to ensure connection to internet. Drop to Command line and make a note of the command lines in the links above needed to install the intel driver - just to advise you that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am having difficulties finding any reference to issues with your particular graphics card and Ubuntu 16.04 on which Zorin 12 is based. ;)

enmanueljordan

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33:10 am

Solved! I did not have to do step 1, since intel updated the drivers. thank you very much

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:08:42 pm

Glad to hear you are sorted friend. ;) :D