This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

how to remove/integrate top-bar in webbrowser

Mumrik

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26:16 pm

I have encountered something that kinda bugs me when i accessed the web browser in Zorin. I usualy use Windows but i'm planing to switch to Zorin. When i use Firefox and have a theme installed then most of the browser adopts that theme, but when using Zorin (and most other Distros as well) the bar at the top of the browser remains white even though i have a theme installed.

I took a couple of screenshots to show what i mean, notice the white bar at the top in Zorin. My question here is: How can i either remove that bar, or integrated it into Firefox so that it will be affected by my installed themes.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43:33 pm

You mean like this?:

DarkFirefoxTheme.jpg

Mumrik

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:45:09 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:You mean like this?:

DarkFirefoxTheme.jpg

No, sadly not. You can see that the top-bar (Where in your image it says: "Add-ons Manager - Mozilla Firefox") still remains mostly unintegrated compared to the windows-version.
In the windows-version the whole browser is more unitary/integrated with the installed theme (including the close-maximise-minimise buttons)

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:27:18 am

I'll post windows version which looks similar to my GNU/Linux version. ;)