This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to install avro keyboard in zorin 12.1

akramul

Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44:05 am

hi, previously i was using linux mint. There i used ibus for writing in bangla using avro keyboard. here is the link for it http://linux.omicronlab.com/ . I have tried the same procedure in zorin but it is not worikng. can anyone help me with it?
Thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:07:39 pm

Hi, I'm not at my Zorin machine now but have you checked Text input in Settings | Keyboard? Also have you installed all language packages and 'applied' changes? ;) :D

akramul

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39:55 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I'm not at my Zorin machine now but have you checked Text input in Settings | Keyboard? Also have you installed all language packages and 'applied' changes? ;) :D

hello dear. yes i have done this. in text input settings it shows my desired language. but it is very tricky for me to type it using my laptop keyboard. the software which i am wanting to install is very much easier to use. thats why i need a way to use it.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:26:48 am

OK, Having looked at that weblink it states it only supports up to Ubuntu 14.04 = Zorin 9 - Zorin 9 is supported until April 2019 - you would be better installing that version of Zorin until those people have got a package that is compatible with 16.04.x which is what Zorin 12.1 is based on. ;) :D