This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problems with getting Zorin to see themes...

sessh

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19:51 pm

I am new to Linux and I'm using Zorin OS 12 Ultimate and running it in VirtualBox on a Windows 7 host. I have been trying to look at different themes, but none except for Numix seem to be picked up by Zorin. I have tried GTK3 themes and an iconpack from gnome-look and whether I put the files into the usr/share/themes directory or I put them into /home/sessh/.themes, Zorin does not recognize them. They don't show up in the Gnome Tweak Tool, the Unity Tweak Tool or the Zorin Appearance pages. Are there certain themes that won't work on Zorin or am I doing something wrong?

I should note that enabling 3D acceleration in VirtualBox causes problems, so I can't keep it enabled and therefore can't get any of the Compositing Managers to work at all though they don't do much with 3D Acceleration on either. Could this be affecting theme recognition? This is starting to drive me nuts. lol Any help is appreciated!

-Sessh