This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What is this advertisement?

Zoriner-newbie

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23:45 pm

Hello, I started to see this annoying pop-up after Zorin startup. How to get rid of it?

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22:37 am

I suspect you have got some pop-ups allowed as you don't show the full screenshot of your browser or you have visited CNET not the best site to visit for downloads as in the past has been a source of malware for Windows. Have you got your firewall turned on?

Firewall2.jpg

Have you got Pop-ups blocked in your browser settings?

Content.jpg

;) :D

Zoriner-newbie

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:58:28 am

Ok, thanks, I give it a try. FW was not on, pop-ups were blocked already. It seems that this CNET pop-up comes without browser starting after Zorin desktop is started. Like Backup-tool information "backup started" or "disk is full bla bla" How this CNET could enter to that "system pop-up" or whatever?

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25:03 am

Add uBlock Origin to your browser - the only time you get pop-ups should be the system notifier - not sure where that is located in the system but suggests that somehow that it has got in there. Can't find anything whilst searching for your specific issues. What version number of Zorin are you using, and is it Core or Lite or the Premium/Ultimate version?

Zoriner-newbie

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:12:33 pm

Thanks, I added uBlock to Firefox. My version is Zorin OS 12.2 64-bit, Ultimate, cost some euros.
This is still a problem, CNET keeps popping up. Really annoying, I thought that Linux would be free of this.

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53:57 pm

Zoriner-newbie wrote:Thanks, I added uBlock to Firefox. My version is Zorin OS 12.2 64-bit, it cost something.

:?: