This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Quicken

amicus

Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:52:59 pm

Is it compatible with Zorin? I'm brand new to Zorin and just getting my feet wet.

jymm

Thu May 24, 2012 11:28:34 am

I installed Quicken 2002 with no problems on Play on Linux. It works better than just using Wine. Play on Linux makes a virtual drive for Quicken to run on. I use Play on Linux for all my windows based programs I want to run, not just games. I believe the Virtual Drive is the key to it's success. Hope that works for you.

alpha1

Fri May 25, 2012 11:10:17 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
jymm wrote:I installed Quicken 2002 with no problems on Play on Linux. It works better than just using Wine. Play on Linux makes a virtual drive for Quicken to run on. I use Play on Linux for all my windows based programs I want to run, not just games. I believe the Virtual Drive is the key to it's success. Hope that works for you.

There has been mixed experiences with PlayOnLinux - mine has been bad in that in Zorin it reports an upgrade available (in 5.0 Premium) but you can't seem to get it to install - personally I have had more success just using Wine! :)

Hi Guys I just read this post and can now say that Quicken Runs fine on PlayonLinux if You have the upgrade 4.1.1 in stalled as in swarfendor437 Post on PlayonLinux by alpha1
Good Luck and enjoy.

alpha1

Sat May 26, 2012 12:48:14 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi alpha1 - please ignore my last post on your Quicken thread!

Sorry too late

LOL
Thanks have a good weekend