This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can Not Change Wallpaper

jc*zor

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32:04 pm

I have zorin ultimate 12.2 - I cannot change the wallpaper at all. I have tryed what i know but no. I have everything setup and working as good as i had windows 7. But wallpaper. Any thing i don't know? Thanks if one can help. Jim

zorinantwerp

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:14:33 pm

hey Jim
in menus on your desktop (looking glass) type Zorin background plus and put on it OFF

in menus your desktop go to software and search under 'all' for variety and click on install
check the preferences and what you can do - plenty - with the program

if you later wish to experiment with inserting moving clips in 'Zorin Background Plus' you can use 'remove/on' to return to the original situation.

:)

jc*zor

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:33:58 pm

Thank You - That was it. I will learn as i use zorin. I,ve used windows from win-3.1 to win-7. Ubuntu + zorin works good for me. Time, i will get better at this. Thank you for your help. Jim

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:32:12 pm

Hi Jim,

Background Plus is NOT on by default from my experience of Zorin 12. To change the wallpaper it is a simple case of right-clicking the desktop anywhere (or should be) and select, 'Change Background' from the context menu:

Workspace 1_027.jpg

You then get presented with this window:

Background_028.jpg

You then click on the 'Background' picture/square and:

Select Background_029.jpg

Which automatically opens, Wallpapers.

Click on the Pictures tab and you can choose something you have taken:

Select Background_030.jpg

Or if you want a traditional, one colo(u)r, non-distracting background, select Colours:

Select Background_031.jpg

In respect of Wallpapers | Pictures | Colours, you can place your mouse over the window and scroll wheel towards you to view wallpapers/pictures/colours not showing.

Single (left-click) to choose / highlight your choice, then 'Select' button appears top right - as always you can circumvent this procedure by double-clicking your desired image/background also. In the example shown I have selected the default Zorin wallpaper and change is instantaneous. ;) :D

Select Background_033.jpg

You can also add a picture via Applications such as:

Shotwell;

Shotwell_032.jpg

;) :D

Taking it to the next level, provided the image resides on the hard drive and not an external device, open your Pictures folder, select any thumbnail, right-click and choose 'Set as Wallpaper'.

Pictures_034.jpg
:D :D :D