This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Solved)Trying to install Grub On Zorin Lite(Solved)

mdiemer

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04:35 pm

I have three OS's on my computer right now, Windows 7, Zorin 12 Lite and Ubuntu Mate. I currently have to use the Ubuntu Mate Grub to boot Zorin. When I try to make Zorin the default boot option, I get message that there is no Grub. (I'm using "sudo grub-install /dev/sda1/" to do this). I'm not sure what happened to the grub on Zorin.

How can I reinstall it, and make Zorin default? I have the Linux Boot Repair Disc.

Thanks, Mike

Zorin is the best!

mdiemer

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:44:56 pm

I have solved this. I discovered you can download Boot Repair on to your computer and fix it right then and there! I simply let it do the recommended repair which fixes most problems, and voila, I now have Grub again.

However...the Zorin Grub boot is very slow on this computer. I had been using Manjaro's Grub, which let me boot into Zorin really fast. I had to overwrite Manjaro, however, when fixing some issues on Windows. But I have an image of Manjaro, so I'm going to reinstall it.

Zorin will ALWAYS be my default OS. I just need to be able to boot into it quickly, and for some reason, the Manjaro Grub allows me to do this.