This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

The printer does not work

Nevskiy

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37:09 pm

Hello. Please help. The printer does not work on Zorin OS. My work depends only on the printer. Therefore, it is very important that he earns. Printer model "HP LaserJet Pro M102a". When the search for the Dräveira is automatic, it finds the driver for the "HP LaserJet M501" model. I click on the print, and writes what prints, and then is completed. The printer flashes, but does not print. Found a common driver for all printers, for Linux OS, the name "HPLIP". I put it through the console, but the installation does not reach the end. All is smooth, the printer does not work. Is there any possibility, to make the printer work? Can I put the driver, from Windows OS? :oops:

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06:05 pm

Hi, did you install from Synaptic?:

hplip3.16.jpg

or from here?:

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing

Notice the current HPLIP from official source is newer than the one showing up in the Ubuntu/Zorin repositories.

Have you installed the other elements too? (see screenshot above).

You may also need to install the 'gui' package and also 'ifhp' a package specifically for HP Laser printers also:

ifhp.jpg

Keep us posted! ;) :D

zorinantwerp

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49:12 pm

if you are still struggling have a try with CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System)
open Terminal
Code:
sudo apt install cups

the add+ on printers menu will have plenty types to select from. try and error is not a bad thing.

keep fingers crossed