This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Using Zorin OS for Computer Refurbish Business

mhelfrich

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47:01 am

Hi,
I've come to really like Zorin OS and have been recommending to people I know. I'm working on potentially creating a computer refurbishing business where I take old computers, repair them and sell them. I see a lot of computers with no hard drive with with hard drives with no OS. I was wondering if I could ship Zorin as the OS on the computers I refurbish. I know the answer is yes, as long as I'm not charging for the software. The answer would be no. I would be charging for the hardware and "my time."

That leads me to the next question. Which edition of Zorin OS can I use for that? I would want to encourage the customer to get Ultimate as it 1) Supports Zorin and 2) Gains them Zorin Support. I would definitely be willing to use Core or Lite as it can be downloaded for free, but would be interested in loading Core Ultimate. I've personal bought Lite Ultimate as I wanted to support Zorin and wanted the top spec OS for my old netbook. But for computers that can run Core Ultimate, I'd love to put that on there. I'm also considering buying Core Ultimate for my personal use as well.

Any answers would be great, especially from Zorin developers.

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11:55 pm

Hi, You should be limited to just installing Core, and for clarity Ultimate is not Core Ultimate! ;)
If you wanted to install Ultimate you would need to contact the brothers Zorin to see if they have volume licencing available. ;) :D

mhelfrich

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23:22 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, You should be limited to just installing Core, and for clarity Ultimate is not Core Ultimate! ;)

Yeah... I did that to distinguish from Lite Ultimate. lol.