This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved] Installig Virtual Box From Oracle

pcfan5

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:30:31 pm

HI there, I have recently installed blindly Virtual Box From Oracle, I have a deb file for debian - xenial , which is working fine , however I couldn't find neither in the manual non in the Zorin OS web site, specifications about which is the base of Zorin... I think , taking into account the results of my installation of virtual box it could be the one mentioned before... but I am still wondering, in which distro release is Zorin based ? :?: , since as I said I installed this package of VB blindly. Thanks in advanced.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06:45 pm

Hi, Zorin is based on 16.04 (Xenial) and is a rolling release. I currently have:

VirtualBox.jpg

installed.

Don't forget to install the VBox add-ons! ;) :D

(Installed Zorin was 12.1 64-bit updated to 12.3 through Software Updater).

pcfan5

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11:31 pm

Thank you! yes I haven't forgotten about those...I have installed an older edition that I know how to use.

Regarding Zorin upgrade. I installed it from a clean iso, y previous experience with mint made me learn that the upgrades from the OS itself didn't end up quite well, for instance non all the features appeared.. but I guess Zorin is different for what you said.

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:13:14 pm

Hi pcfan5, sorry for late reply. Just for clarity I have the Ultimate Version which came with VBox whatever version (I think, not sure now I mention it). Anyhow, I update via the Oracle download link, remove the installed VBox and install the new one, then download the matching add-ons and install from VBox main app. ;) :D

pcfan5

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:19:19 pm

Thanks Swarfendor437 , right now I am running a VB version that I know how to handle and everything is fine. Thanks for your reply. Should I add to the tittle the word "solved" ?

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:35:14 pm

By all means - simply go to your first post and edit the Subject: field by adding [SOLVED] to the left of the Subject. ;) :D

Stephen Morin

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:25:07 am

thanks it worked