This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How To Change File Associations In Zorin? (SOLVED!)

star treker

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:13:46 am

Forgive me guys but its been over a year since I last used Zorin, so I am a bit rusty. Normally, when I want to change which program is associated to a media file, I simply right click the file, choose open with a different program, then select the program I want, and click a check box to make the program default. However, in Zorin there is no such checkbox, so I have 0 clue how to change the file associations. And I am sorry, the default video player in Zorin sucks. But I love VLC, and so I want VLC to be default. Thanks for the help guys. :)

EDIT: I put this question into Google, and one of the first thing that popped up, was Swarfs answer to another guy back in 2016 when OS12 was brand new. Link bellow to help other's who are in need of this answer!

https://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12233

"Hi, right-click the .txt file and select 'Properties'. Click on the 'Open with' tab, choose the app you want to open by default (in your case 'NotepadQQ' and remember to slect - 'Set as Default'. ;) :D"

pcfan5

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31:32 am

thank you for this good tip!

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:42:15 am

pcfan5 wrote:thank you for this good tip!

Thanks for the thanks! ;) :D