This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[resolved] Boot Zorin 12.3 OS, screen flicker no boot

mikeko

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:34:09 pm

Hi there!
I am struggling with a 'sudden problem'. Everytime I boot my system I will end up at a flickering screen saying [name of the user] login:... (terminal-ish screen)
This has occured right after I had installed a package (pipelight) and mono-project debs. Notwithstanding that these actions didn't produce any problem report or warning when I ran the graphic desktop yesterday, at all. It was only after restarting my computer when I ended up hung up in that flickering madnes, ahhh.

Before this problem occured I would usually be asked which system to run (Zorin, recovery mode, memtest86, windows 10) and go on to the next screen where I choose to log in as a specific user/account (graphic screen). At the moment, I can choose the wanted system to run and end up in a flickering screen asking me to log in as described above. I am able to type, however, when the flickering stopped after a couple of minutes.

Accordingly to what I know from commanding so., I logged in as the main user and tried to do some troubleshooting myself. It seems as if a major problem is the lack of free disk space. I couldn't free space neither by trying to remove the last packages which I had installed most recently nor determine the broken ppa's etc. if there where any.
When I run a recovery start, I get to the menu but cannot free space or recover/repair, either. Finally and most mockingly the terminal responds that there isn't enough space to update.

Now I am really clueless. I hope to find help here.
Cheers to everyone bringing in some constructive suggestions what to do.
mk

zorinantwerp

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27:49 am

Hi
on Pipelight read this note from the author and remove it
Code:
http://pipelight.net/

are you trying to multiboot windows/linux?
which version of Zorin: light , Core, Ultimate?

+++

Stephen Morin

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:27:11 am

Hi, my trying was successful for windows