This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

MOUSE FREEZING & MS OFFICE TROUBLE

rontanner159

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:24:03 pm

Trying all forums...

I'm a newbie to Linux. I just installed Zorin OS alongside Win 7 on Toshiba Satellite Notebook. It runs great. Much smoother than Windows 7.

Problem 1: My mouse is constantly freezing at login. I have to reboot about 3 times to regain control so that I can login.

Problem 2: Having trouble installing MS Office 2010. Getting error saying that it was unable to complete the installation. However, when I look at PlayOnLinux, it shows 2 versions installed. But nothing happens when I try to execute them. I tried to uninstalled the versions, but it would not allow me to. When I select the remove button under Uninstall Wine Software, it just hangs. I end up having to reboot.

Very frustrating. Any help would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks.

Ron

Linx

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13:22 am

Play On Linux and WINE are not nearly as stable as I would have hoped when I installed and tried to use, I would recommend you use VBOX and install a lightweight version of windows with Office installed on it OR (and this is what I would do) use one of the many office applictions for linux .. Lebre Office and Open Office both have compatibility with Microsoft Office