This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Have to login twice - Zorin 5.2 core 64-bit

cominatyalive

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35:58 pm

So I saw that Zorin had the 5.2 core version available and I gave it a go.

I must say I am quite impressed. Applet errors are gone. Screensaver works! and no other issues. Except one.
I noticed after logging in with my user name & password, after 2 seconds of being logged on, I get logged out again and the screen goes back to the login screen again.
After re-entering my password again & logging on again the second time, I am ok. Anyone have this problem?

Wolfman

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:09:48 am

Hi,

did you do all the updates??.

Regards Wolfman :D

cominatyalive

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:46:59 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

did you do all the updates??.

Hello Wolfman,

Yes, I have done all the major updates & only get a couple a week now. Since then, I have re-installed 5.2 core 64-bit, and I have had no more glitches of any sort. The longer Zorin runs, the better it gets. No more logging on twice,
no more screensaver issues, all gone. Zorin kicks major tail. ;-) I just cant imagine using anything else. I have written my testimony today under my Post, "Three Major Problems" There you will see my tribulation. Thank you for all the help everyone has tried to give me, but Zorin 5.2 Core 64-bit mind you, is flawless, just flawless. Just waiting on a faster Kernel. I hope Zorin comes out with an updated fast Kernel soon and a LTS version. I'm getting a bit impatient for the best, to become even better. A faster Kernel will send Zorin 5.2 Core up & over the cutting edge.

Wolfman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24:55 am

Hi,

just for info about software sources:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694&p=5914#p5914

cominatyalive

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:48:08 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

just for info about software sources:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694&p=5914#p5914

Thanks Wolfman, I will check out that info soon. Many thanks.