This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Does AppArmor cause Zorin to crash?

FinFoot

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:40:10 pm

I have noticed recently that my computer using Zorin and other Linux operating systems has become unstable and crashes. I have used Linux since 2008 and have distro hopped over 50+ different systems during that time. What I have experienced recently while using Firefox is that suddenly the mouse cursor will freeze, the screen will freeze, and then the keyboard will freeze. It will then show a screen with various statements about Firefox and a problem with AppArmor. Is the problem with Firefox or AppArmor? I do not notice the crashing problem as much when I use Chromium. I am using Zorin OS 5.0 Lite LXDE and Peppermint Ice. They share a 2.0 GB swap partition. This is being run on an older Desktop System that has an Asus A7V-266E Motherboard, an AMD XP 1600 processor, 2.0 GB of memory, an nVidia video card with 32MB of memory, and a Western Digital 160 GB hard drive. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.