This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Solved) where is the trash folder?

pcfan5

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:06:23 pm

Hello, My "/" system partition got full , without intention, I need to clean the trash folder. Cannot do it from the system , cannot log in. Started from USB live, don't know where the trash folder is.
Started from the system under xfced mode , doesn't allow me to empty the trash. It says I don't have permissions.. (this is a big issue when someone is in trouble, no having permissions, how can this be solved.?)

/.local/share/trash ?

I was able to find it and deleted files ,now I can enter the system, but now I cannot say where "/.local" is. and I would like to hep others in my same situation.

Alexander88207

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:32:14 pm

Go to Settings -> Zorin Apperience* ->Enable the trash on your desktop

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04:32 pm

Alexander88207 wrote:Go to Settings -> Zorin Apperience* ->Enable the trash on your desktop

That isn't going to work!

Hi pcfan5,

Here you go:

https://itsfoss.com/fix-empty-trash-ubuntu/

pcfan5

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:26:57 am

Hello, thank you both guys for your comments. I 'm sorry I ddin't explained better. In fact I was able to fix the problem before your answers, but didn't edit properly the first post.

I was able to enter with USBlive (but must say entered with LMint since caja gave me more "root" easy options) founded /.local/share/trash. It seems local is in "/", also according to swarf's link,. I deleted the files inside "trash" folder . But beware a ".trash" gost folder was created in the root directory so I deleted from there aswel. So after this I was able to enter to my logg in session.

* Ps: if you enter as Xfced trash bin and home folder are shown in desktop.