This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Resolved] Problem with Software (Gnome-Software)

Angelo

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25:42 am

Hi, I've a little problem with the Software Center, with my only force I can't solve. In the last two months Software don't run well and I can't imagine what went wrong. Now like now using Syinaptic, Lubuntu Software Center and other kind of programs, I've continued to installing/unistalling softwares but I'm angry to use workarounds instead the right program...
Well I'll show what happen.
When I open Software (3.20.5) for the first time to the power on, it show all the cells on more rows but few istants after, the Software screen turn like this:

Only the first row of the home tab (programs selected by Software) stay visible. Changing the tab, on Installed tab, Software tells to me that I've installed only that program... but I've a lot of programs installed (work software, games, educational and so on):

If I download a .deb from the web (I tryied with Nathive, a kind of little MSPaint) Gnome-Software run and act as nothing has happened, cooperating with the installation

but after, looking in Installed Tab, it don't show the new software, only the Pdf Mix Tool, as well as Software don't show anything installed by Synaptic, Lubuntu Software Center, directly from the .deb package, neither using the bash...
Purge & reinstall done, nothing changed
Did I changed something for somewhere? Really I don't know. Can someone help me?

THX and sorry for my bad English

I'm on Zorin OS 12.4 64-bit. Desktop PC. Kernel 4.15.0-33-generic.
If you need some other info about my PC I'm ready to answer

Angelo

zorinantwerp

Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:05:44 pm

Hi Angelo

a known bug :)
have a reading here to solve the issue
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12681

ciao

Angelo

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:44:36 pm

Thanks a lot, I'm searching the forum but don't find that post, sorry for duplicate.
Now, following your indications I'd put Server choice on Main Server and all go right.
But I'm almost sure I didn't change anithing in Software updater... Well all go right and this is the only important thing.
THX

Angelo

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:25:06 pm

Angelo wrote:Thanks a lot, I'm searching the forum but don't find that post, sorry for duplicate.
Now, after put Server choice on Main Server all go right.
But I'm almost sure I didn't change anithing in Software updater... Well all go right and this is the only important thing.
THX

Angelo

Hi, zorinantwerp posted a hyperlink to the post that startw with "view topic..." ;)

Which was the clue to what you have finally done. Glad you are sorted.