This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] My Weather

MadMonkey1966

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:29:10 pm

Hi all, very new here, although i have Ubuntu running on my main system i wanted to try Zorin out.

Just trying to get a few of my usual things up and running. One i normally have in my tray is my weather. It was not in the Software Center so i looked it up and used the Terminal to instal all. I am not great with the Terminal at all, and i used the same code i used when i installed it in Ubuntu.
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/atareao && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install my-weather-indicator

It seemed to do everything ok, though i can not seem to find it anywhere. In Ubuntu it puts it in the Applications menu.

So, could anyone please help. Will it not run in Zorin ? or have a typed something wrong ? :shock:

Any, help would be great thanks.

Wolfman

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11:56 am

Hi,

click on the bottom panel with a right click and then "add to panel", look down the list and you should see the weather applet.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:19:28 am

Which look are you using? If you are using the win7 look, you can press the "start" button and use "search" to find it for you.
Otherwise you can press Alt+F2 which will open a manager for you. Type a key word i.e. "weather" and you will see that automatically it will search the results for you till you find the "my weather" applet.

Also, you can always try installing the screenlets if you like. They have the freemeteo applet which is great.

Wolfman

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32:05 am

The "Clearweather" app in Screenlets is my favourite!! :D :D

MadMonkey1966

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57:25 pm

madvinegar wrote:Which look are you using? If you are using the win7 look, you can press the "start" button and use "search" to find it for you.
Otherwise you can press Alt+F2 which will open a manager for you. Type a key word i.e. "weather" and you will see that automatically it will search the results for you till you find the "my weather" applet.

Also, you can always try installing the screenlets if you like. They have the freemeteo applet which is great.

Thanks. I tried that, but could not find the one i thought i had installed. i am guessing i did something wrong, as i am not very good in terminal (yet lol). I will look into this screenlets & Clearweather that have been mentioned.

Many Thanks
Ian (MadMonkey)

MadMonkey1966

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00:19 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

click on the bottom panel with a right click and then "add to panel", look down the list and you should see the weather applet.

Wolfman wrote:&
The "Clearweather" app in Screenlets is my favourite!! :D :D

Thanks. I managed to get the Weather applet in the panel. It is just not very informative as my Weather. Will look into Clearweather though

Many Thanks
Ian (MadMonkey)

MadMonkey1966

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:25:05 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I use clearweather too from Screenlets - search for Ubuntu Tweak then go to Application Centre to Launch/Add the clearweather applet. I included this in my latest YouTube video towards the end and also how to obtain your zip code for the applet

Thanks. I have installed Screenlets, and Clearweather. Problem seems to be as i am in the UK it will not let me use my Post Code (ZipCode).

Is there a way round this ? maybe in you video ?

Many Thanks
Ian (MadMonkey)

MadMonkey1966

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42:53 pm

Many Thanks swarfendor437
I didn't need the Video once i got the zipcode. Well, that is solved, will probably be back in the next couple of days with my next issue :lol:

Thanks for your help :)

Oh, do i have to close the Thread somehow ?