This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

share files through lan ethernet cable

pcfan5

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:32:42 pm

I learned a long time ago that sharing files through ethernet cable is fastest than wi-fi and also isn't needed an internet conextion.
I installed "lanshare"plugged both my computers confiure a cable conexion net setting my ip (the local one) mask and gate according to a tutorial, and lunch lanshare which is very easy to use, however this program doesn't work fine. I says the transfer is complete 100% but files transfered aren't the same size than the original ones. I have given it several tries and the result is the same... uncomplete files.
Now I am back to team veawer but this only works through wi - fi.

I want to share files between computer whitouth internet conexion and through ethernet cable. How can I do this in Linux Zorin?

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:43:06 pm

Hi there, see if this helps and links within and below the article:

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five- ... m-network/

terry

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50:07 pm

Not sure if this will sort things out, but whenever I need something on my nearest pc I use filezilla much easier I think.

Code:
sudo apt-get install filezilla

pcfan5

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:50:35 pm

Hi thank you! I didn't get the chace to reply earlier because I wan't notified by email. Somehow zorinforum emails must get into the spam folder , altough I have fix it several times. I will keep you link. In the midtime I have come with the "Teamviewer" solution, but I am most interested in Lan options...your link goes to my favourites to check it later. Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:06:11 pm

Just be aware that TeamViewer is NOT freeware - something I only became aware of a while back. It would be good to know if this is between a Linux and a Windows PC or both running Linux - Remmina Remote Desktop is present in Zorin so you could try that? ;) :D

pcfan5

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10:14 am

thanks to @terry for his reply aswell, didn't mentioned before.

Hi! Swarf! this is between linux Mint and linux Zorin Lite. Didn't know that reminna was included in Zorin. I believe I have used it once.. hope the remote access desktop don't take much of my ram memory.

Samba is too complicated for me and once , a long time ago, I broke my LMint by trying to confiure it