This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

USB Mouse

dah92

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:45:29 am

My USB mouse wont work on my laptop. I've tried to re-install the operating system to see if that would help, but still doesn't work. What else can I do?

spatryx

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:59:47 am

Without knowing the make of your mouse, I would like to make a friendly suggestion that you check the battery. Since Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu I have found many answers their support site. I am using a Logitech wireless mouse on my laptop and it worked with every Linux distro right out of the box.

I did a search on Google and there were too many support links to mention here.

dah92

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01:13 am

I am also using a Logitech. I just changed the battery and it works on my other computer. Just not the one with Linux.

spatryx

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:12:31 am

Unfortunately, Logitech does not appear to have linux drivers for their products, but a search on google for "ubuntu logitech wireless mouse support" yielded some interesting results.

johnnytwox

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56:14 pm

I seem to be having a similar issue only my mouse does work at start up and whenever it comes out of sleep mode, but after about half hour straight use my usb ports seem to stop functioning. I plug in another mouse and it works for a little then same results. Any ideas?

johnnytwox

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:35:22 pm

na, im running os 4 lite on a old dell c521 trying to bring it back to life. Runs superb but this mouse thing is just not that rad. I've installed all the updates. I think it could possibly be a hardware problem. Motherboard could possibly be going but I don't want to make moves unless I know for sure. It never did this with windows xp though.

BrickTop

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:35:16 pm

I've had a similar problem with my mouse on different Linux Distos including Zorin. Would work at startup then after a few minutes would not register any mouse clicks at all.
I found if I logged out (CTRL+ALT+DEL then use arrow keys to select option) and back in again it worked fine after that.
My mouse is a Cyborg R.A.T. 7. I found a workaround that works 100% HERE.
Maybe something similar will work for you.