This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

hi ....

kairomatrix

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38:07 pm

hi ... i wait all the members of the forum and visitor [ not only user of zorin like me ] had been enjoin good new year 2012. [apart] The last week i did see a computer offert. A Mac computer , but i inmediatly see the question; can zorin run or any linux distro run perfectly in a Mac computer?, i mean be installed and been use in a similar way as PC computer? OR have a particular problem? Is someone of the forum running zorin in a Mac? Thanks for read this post.
KM

madvinegar

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45:24 pm

My opinion is that you will encounter a lot of problems if you will install a linux distro in a Mac as the Mac laptops/Pcs are specifically built to accept the MacOsX.
However, even if Zorin could run on a Mac, I believe it is not wise at all to spend all this money to buy a Mac and then replace the os. When you buy a Mac you also but the Mac OsX. So if you delete it is like throwing in the garbage a lot of money.

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Kairomatrix,

I don't own a Mac as I cannot see the point of having one if I can get MacOSX equivalent desktop on ZorinOS Ultimate (see my video for Zorin Background Plus running MacOSX Desktop equivalent):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvcLWsgU7Bk

I totally agree. See screenshots of mine (zorin 5.2 core).

Wolfman

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40:11 am

Why buy a Rolls Royce and drive around in a Mini??.

I agree with the previous 2 posters, don't spend money on an expensive "Toy" just to wipe the HDD!!!!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:21:03 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Nice desktop madvinegar! Word of warning though - don't put Ubuntu Tweak Cairo GLX mac-like cairo dock type bar on a laptop that has low graphics - it kicks to logon screen! :D

Thanx my friend!

What do you mean "it kicks to logon screen"? Indeed the laptop has just an Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM, but I never had any problem with the cairo open-gl mac-like dock.