This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bluetooth not working on my pc.

dondy

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:28:38 am

I have tried everything I found on the net about fixing my bluetooth but it seems there's no solution on it so I think posting this here will give me some hint. I want to connect my bluetooth speaker to my pc but it can't even detect,
my pc don't have a built in bluetooth so i'm using dongle "4ghever" I think that's the name can't barely read it bought it on local store, been using this for a couple of year and it's working on windows. I'm not sure what to do to make it work so I think someone can give a hint on what to do in here.

Zorin OS: 12.4 core.

Pc specs:
Proc: Intel i5-4400
Mobo: Asus gamer pro b85
Ram: 8gb

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:15:47 pm

Hi and welcome. Whilst in Zorin, go to Utilities | Terminal and enter:

Code:
lspci

Then copy and paste back in a reply to this thread.

terry

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08:09 am

This thread made by OP is like a dejavu to me I too has this dongle and this is only meant to work on windows not in any linux type of OS. So I think OP didn't read it carefully so my suggestion the easiest way is to purchase a linux friendly usb dongle like this https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/ ... pe-n150usb it has a lot of compatiblity in any linux version I have this and it's perfectly working when pairing on my two of my bluetooth speaker jbl and aomais speaker without any hassle.

zorinantwerp

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30:20 am

:D Thanks terry. That's why a community base users serves for.