This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Logging in the Beta Live

davec51

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:44:13 am

I put the newest beta on a removable drive and tried to boot in as live user. I can't get past the sign-in page. Please help. I used Zorin some years ago with pleasure and I'd like to try out this one.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:08:21 pm

Do you mean thumb drive/flash disk? What did you do to install the beta to the drive? ;) :D

davec51

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:04:20 pm

Thanks for your response. It's a thumb drive, to which I installed Zorin Beta via the "dd" command. I get to the sign-in screen, where the user "liveuser" is shown. I click on that and a process starts that after about 15 seconds brings me back to the sign-in screen.

zorinantwerp

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04:10 pm

Hi

looks the ISO download may be corrupt - would suggest to repeat

at the end of undernoted page
https://zoringroup.com/blog/2019/03/20/ ... rin-os-is/

good luck

+++

davec51

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:35:28 pm

No luck. I downloaded the iso again, but still couldn't get past the sign-in page. I guess I'll wait for the final release, and try again.
Thanks again for responding.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:06:45 pm

I suspect your issue is with 'dd' - I only ever use MultiSystem on my thumb drives but to get it to work you need an installed GNU/Linux on your machine:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+MultiSystem

When Zorin boots in live mode it goes straight to the Desktop - like zorinantwerp said - either corrupt iso or 'dd'ing is the issue - you need MultiSystem. ;) :D