This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Windows Program Needs .Net Framework 3.5 To Run

swvinagron1

Mon May 13, 2019 3:59:29 am

Hello. I am trying to use "Wine" to install a Windows compatible program that I use to design and print decorative ribbon. When I install the program on a Windows PC, the install program checks to see if ".Net Framework 3.5" is installed. If it does NOT find it, you get a prompt to install it prior to continuing the install. You must have "Framework 3.5" installed to use the main program to design and print the ribbon.

When I use "Wine" to install the design/print program on Zorin Ultimate, the installation program runs and after about 3 minutes the installation program terminates and gives the error "... Could not find '.net framework 3.5.', you must install it in order to continue the installation program. please install ...3.5 and run the installation program again'".

How can I install ".Net Framework 3.5" on my Linux PC so that I can use "Wine" to install my design/print program? The disk with my design/print program has a copy of ",Net Framework 3.5" in its own directory with an application to install it.

Swarfendor437

Mon May 13, 2019 5:07:56 pm

Hi and welcome - please take a look at the tutorial video here - Zorin 12 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 so you need to follow the guide in the video for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wec4bMKq9zU