This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Menu Fonts In Zorin 15

mdiemer

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31:25 am

I am checking out Zorin 15 live. So far so good, except the fonts on the menu are very small for me. I know there has to be a way to increase them but I'm not finding it. I haven't used Zorin in awhile so I've forgotten a lot!

Thanks,
Mike

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:53:10 am

The best thing to do is to install Gnome Tweaks then go to the gnome extension website and install Text Scaler. ;) :D

Check out the Zorin 12 unofficial manual - it's the same option. ;) :D You can use bigger text but it does not allow that. Gnome Tweaks also has a 'scale text' option also. ;) :D

mdiemer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:12:14 am

Thank you. The text scaler in Tweaks did the trick. I was going to try Ubuntu Tweaks but your advice steered me in the right direction. I have Zorin 15 Core installed and running, so far everything is great. Since I installed it over Kubuntu, it kept my home folder, Firefox bookends, etc. I'm considering it to add to my wife's laptop, which currently has Windows 7 and Kubuntu. The fact that Zorin kept everything is a big point in its favour. Now I have to see how it updates and how stable it is. It certainly is fast, another positive.