This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Gnome Flashback Questions

nanook

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:11:46 am

I recently upgraded a computer I have at a co-location facility from Zorin 12 to Zorin 15.
I'm having some issues with Gnome I hope someone can help me with.

First, control+alt+left mouse on a panel does not allow me to add a widget to that panel. Neither does just control+alt, and right mouse button with these keys also does not work.
I can't figure out how to add an applet.

By default, the gnome configuration has NO logout applet or leave item in the menu. This is a really poor default and my customers will get confused and just forcibly end their sessions leaving processes hanging without this.

Can someone tell me where and how to edit menus system wide, the default menus. I know how to customize my own menus but I need to add a logout to the defaults so customers won't
get trapped.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:51:58 am

It's not specific to Zorin but an issue around the fact that Zorin 15 is based on Ubuntu 18.04 which also has issues with Gnome Flashback which is not a 'de facto' application within Zorin itself:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1099860 ... ragged-fro

Personally I cannot understand why you deployed 15 so soon when 12 is supported until April 2021 - and if I were in charge I would have set up a separate test rig first to test before updating deployed kit.

In the words of Alan Sugar "You're Fired!" :o :shock: