This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

TP Link TL-WN881ND

jdwango

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:48:14 pm

Hi everyone
Just a quick note about my install of Zorin OS 15 Ultimate,

It seems my TP Link TL-WN881ND Card killed my Zorin OS install. I had to take out the card to install, and then when I put it back in, it let me get to the login prompt, and then froze up after I put the password in. It also gave me pages and pages of PCIe Bus Errors when it was trying to shutdown.

I took it back out and followed the instructions at https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new to download the new driver and it took it all on the first go. I'll hold on to the page if I ever need it again, but I thought it would be helpful to post it here incase anyone else has any issues with Realtek cards. I found it really difficult to run MAKE and install a driver manually, so this fixed me up a treat.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:49:04 pm

Many thanks for sharing. ;) :D

simonsaysthis

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:53:43 pm

Thanks for sharing. I have two RTL wifi adapter lying in the draw. I eventually changed to an adapter that has an intel chip because I was tired of ongoing RTL issues. Not sure what it is with that brand.