This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Unable to get sreensaver to work in Zorin 15

Bill

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:34:13 am

Well I guess the subject says it all, but after installing the "screen saver" program available in Zorin 15, I was both unable to find it in the menu system and was also unable to run it from the installation dialog (that offers the option after the install) any suggestions?

Regards,

Bill

PS: Please save me the need to answer the question "why do I want a screen saver". I just want to improve the appearance of my laptop screen when it has dropped into the locked mode... :D

Aravisian

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:03:40 pm

Bill wrote:Well I guess the subject says it all, but after installing the "screen saver" program available in Zorin 15, I was both unable to find it in the menu system and was also unable to run it from the installation dialog (that offers the option after the install) any suggestions?

Regards,

Bill

PS: Please save me the need to answer the question "why do I want a screen saver". I just want to improve the appearance of my laptop screen when it has dropped into the locked mode... :D

As I spent a couple months re-writing css in order to have the ancient and outdated theme I wanted, I cannot complain about wanting to improve the appearance of the screen.
I might add, I did it poorly and only stubbornness got me through it,
I cannot answer about Zorin 15 as I am still on 12.4 and will be for a decade more unless I switch to another OS... But I used "xscreensaver" https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/screenshots/
I customized mine it showed this (Warning, the video plays music- mind your speaker volume): https://vimeo.com/253580335 on a repeating loop.
A good bet may be for you to explore and find one you really like and install it?
Just my two bits.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:14:43 pm

I installed the X-screensaver from Software:

Screensaver.jpg

I then opened the menu and started searching for 'scree' as in the screenshot. I then found it in System Tools. ;) :D

If you installed anything other than the X-screensaver you would have had to install Cinnamon or Mate Desktop Environments. ;)