This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Mouse Wheel Settings

hurkeybird

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38:39 pm

I found the mouse pointer settings but cannot find settings for the wheel. I'm on Zorin os 15 core

Aravisian

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16:14 pm

Hurkey, I am using 12.4 so I am uncertain about Zorin 15.
However, I do know that the Gnome Tweak Tool has settings to configure mouse wheel click and speed.
You can use your terminal to get it:
Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

In the meantime, on your system, under Mouse and Touchpad in settings, there should be options for wheel scrolling speed.

If you need to take things further, you can search for Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Mouse wheel;
https://askubuntu.com/questions/27270/i ... roll-speed
I should warn you: Many people across many threads apparently say that unplugging the mouse and then plugging it back resolved their issues. Self included (Ubuntu 16.04).

hurkeybird

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40:03 pm

Problem Fixed. I clicked on the link above and it had links to fix both firefox and chrome. I'm using chrome and installed the extension "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller" and clicked on extensions options and adjusted steps. Thanks for the help.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:23:35 pm

hurkeybird wrote:Problem Fixed. I clicked on the link above and it had links to fix both firefox and chrome. I'm using chrome and installed the extension "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller" and clicked on extensions options and adjusted steps. Thanks for the help.

Don't forget to download the Unofficial Manual. ;) :D

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14361#p63543