This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Task bar at both displays

dpulver

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07:49 am

Hello,
i user Zorin os for about 2 years. Now i bought a second display. Is it possible to show the task bar at both displays ? I didn't found that option.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45:45 pm

Hi, I don't have multiple monitor setup to advise but could you give one of the following four gnome-shell extensions a try?

Multi Monitors Add-On by spin83

fix-multi-monitors by kirby_33

Multiple Monitor Panels by darkxst

Disper Displays by mbokil

This is assuming that you have 'Tweaks' (gnome-tweaks) installed - see the unofficial manual on how to install it and Gnome-shell extension add-on for Firefox. ;) :D

dpulver

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55:22 am

Ok, thanks - i will check it and reply with the result

dpulver

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19:20 pm

Oje, jetzt habe ich die zwei ersten dieser Erweiterungen mal eingeschaltet - ohne Erfolg - und danach aber wieder deinstalliert. Jetzt ist aber meine Taskleiste kaputt (s. Screenshot). Wie kann ich die wieder 'reparieren' ? Finde nirgends so was wie "zurücksetzen"

dpulver

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24:58 pm

... oje ! Und bei jedem Versuch wird es schlimmer - die unteren Zeilen werden mehr und die Symbole größer.....

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07:54 pm

In Englisch bitte! ;) :D

dpulver

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13:34 pm

Sorry ;-) of course....

After i tested two of the above mentioned gnome extentions my task bar changed to the above shown.... after i uninstalled the extentions it stay wrong.... how i can repair or reset the task bar? I didn't find any function like 'reset'....

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35:54 am

Go to Zorin Appearance and try moving the panel from bottom to top and back again - no guarantees! Keep us posted. ;) :D

dpulver

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:06:43 pm

Hello - i already did those steps - i also changed the variant of panel.... but it still damaged....

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:19:27 pm

OK, can I be certain that you have removed the installed extensions by going back one page in extensions, searching for the extensions once more to see that they are shown as off in the gnome shell extensions web page. Next open Synaptic Package Manager, open the search bar and enter Zorin. Mark all packages that show up for reinstallation then afterwards, open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Please keep us posted. ;) :D

dpulver

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:05:00 pm

Hi - wow, it worked. But if i did the sudo apt-get distupgrade - there were two errors of missing ressources. So i did the updates in the synaptic packet manager. After restart all very fine! Thanks a lot for helping :-)

dpulver

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:07:05 pm

... only my beginning problem still not solved, how i can show the panel on both displays....

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47:09 pm