This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Epson WF-7520

reblacklaf

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:38:35 am

Hi, was using Unix back in the '70 and have just converted several of my home systems to Zorin. I have one issue I am hoping someone has a solution for my printer issues. The main printer on our home network is an Epson WF-7520 all in one. I need drivers for the scanner and the wide format options on this printer. I need to be able to scan from the computer and then store the images for further processing. I also need access without going to the terminal all the time to print out a large format poster. I know that Epson is a proprietary unit and only has Windows and Apple specific drivers to control the printer. Working with the terminal gets around some issues but I would prefer working with the GUI.

Thank You
Randall Black

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:48:53 pm

Hi, You need to go to this page:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... archModule

Then download the 4 packages - you will be asked to accept the agreement before being taken to the download page - If you are running Zorin 15 it is only in 64-bit so you will need to download the 64-bit drivers for Ubuntu on which Zorin is based. ;) :D

reblacklaf

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:35:52 pm

Thanks, I haven't used UNIX (Duel VAX 780's and Firebreather systems) since the '70-80's and I find myself taking 2-3 hours to do something that I used to do in just 5-10 minutes. When I finally finger it out I feel like doing a faceplant to my keyboard. I guess I can just use the fact that I'm 72 years young.

Randy