This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

WPS office all languages -no internet is not working

medoking2900

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:41:33 am

i have a weird problem , i used zorin os before and installed WPS office all languages-no internet on the same machine with the same updates and conditions and it worked before , but now after i installed zorin os core again , clean install , after finished installing , when i open it, and it closes immeadiatley without any explanation , refer to this video https://nofile.org/v/d971aa , what could be the problem ??

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:13:15 pm

Where are you installing WPS Office from and which version? Also where was the spreadsheet you are trying to open created (what spreadsheet program was used to create it?) I tend to avoid WPS Office these days - LibreOffice that comes with Zorin is more than capable of opening spreadsheets and it too now comes with a 'ribbon' appearance if that was your reason for choosing WPS - a cleaner looking Free Office Suite is Text-Maker Office (free version) - available for Windows and GNU/Linux. ;) :D

medoking2900

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:36:40 pm

i installed from the software manger that come with Zorin , the spreadsheet was created on windows using excel , and i copied it from a flash drive to this machine , i know and love LibreOffice but the problem is that in LibreCalc the options for filtering spreadsheets are pointless and outdated and i couldn't find a script (VBA) or any other method to do a filtering of rows by highlighted or not highlighted , such option existed in WPS , i choose to install the ( WPS office all languages-no internet ) becuase it is more private than the original one , and before the current system , i had the same software with the same version and build on the same machine running zorin os core like now and opened the same file normally or any other file , so the thing is , the file or the program is not the problem , i think that the problem is becuase an update or something like that.

how can i know or troubleshoot such problem like this , what things i should make sure i have on the system , could it be a dependencies issue , i am reading about that and couldn't find a way to install all dependencies for ubuntu 18.04 which should work for zorin 15 , so what can i do to fix this ?

Aravisian

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:13:06 pm

medoking2900 wrote:i installed from the software manger that come with Zorin , the spreadsheet was created on windows using excel , and i copied it from a flash drive to this machine , i know and love LibreOffice but the problem is that in LibreCalc the options for filtering spreadsheets are pointless and outdated and i couldn't find a script (VBA) or any other method to do a filtering of rows by highlighted or not highlighted , such option existed in WPS , i choose to install the ( WPS office all languages-no internet ) becuase it is more private than the original one , and before the current system , i had the same software with the same version and build on the same machine running zorin os core like now and opened the same file normally or any other file , so the thing is , the file or the program is not the problem , i think that the problem is becuase an update or something like that.

how can i know or troubleshoot such problem like this , what things i should make sure i have on the system , could it be a dependencies issue , i am reading about that and couldn't find a way to install all dependencies for ubuntu 18.04 which should work for zorin 15 , so what can i do to fix this ?

You could use Synaptic package manager to check for dependencies.

I alos like using gdebi to install.deb files as it alerts the user to missing dependencies. Swarfendor taught how to use gdebi and a terminal application called alien to convert files to .deb that can then be installed using gdebi.