This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Move clock to the left of plugin icons

padro

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31:47 pm

Hello, I'd like to move the clock from the far right on the taskbar, so that it appears to the left of the plugin icons (network, volume, etc.)

Where is this configured in Zorin?

Thx.

Aravisian

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:37:26 am

padro wrote:Hello, I'd like to move the clock from the far right on the taskbar, so that it appears to the left of the plugin icons (network, volume, etc.)

Where is this configured in Zorin?

Thx.

This is not a Zorin configuration but a Gnome configuration and go on... ask me what I think of Gnome.
"Hello, we are the Gnome Project and we want to be driven by greed and act exactly like Micromanageme.. I mean Microsoft now that we have seized control of most linux desktops out there."
(Cough Cough- did I type that out loud?)
You would need an extension to help you achieve this goal- some helpful suggestions may be found here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/960597/ ... dle/960599
If none of those are viable, please say so and can try other options.

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15:53 pm

You did not state which version of Zorin you are using - you could give Cairo-Dock a try, add the clock to the MacOSX type dock and move it around at will. ;) :D

Aravisian

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:19:30 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:You did not state which version of Zorin you are using - you could give Cairo-Dock a try, add the clock to the MacOSX type dock and move it around at will. ;) :D

To tack onto Swarfendors suggestion: You can also use XFCE4 Panel and it will work. You can install plugins for it using the terminal by looking for the repositories and plugins you want using the Duck. Alternatively, you can just install a bundle using terminal with
Code:
sudo apt-get install xfce4-goodies

but be warned that this will install quite a few accessories in total and you may not want all of them. There's nothing wrong with any of them, you may just have other preferred applications.
XFCE panel is very customizable and configurable. Moving things on the panel is as simple as drag and drop. Best panel ever, imo.

Cairo-Dock is less supported. However it is the F-14 tomcat of Panels - it is extremely customizable, though not as simply as the XFCE is, using its GUI pop up window that pretty much allows you to configure it in any manner possible that you can dream of.