This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How can I install Dootoper Dual Band USB Wireless Adaper

robbi466

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:49:24 pm

Hello. I need your help. I bought Dootoper USB Wireless Adapter and I need help to install the needed files to work. I got a smal CD with the file
RTL88x2BU_WiFi_linux_v5.1.7_19806
But I don't know the next step to install needed files - I can not cope with the included installation instructions.
to start with file "install.sh" does't work
CD files
android_ref_codes_JB_4.2
android_ref_codes_KK_4.4
android_ref_codes_L_5.x
android_ref_codes_M_6.x
btcoex
document
driver (rtl88x2BU_WiFi_linux_v5.1.7_19806.20161025_BTCOEX20161024-3333.tar.gz)
mp_tools
WiFi_Direct_User_Interface
wireless_tools
install.sh
readme.txt
notes.pdf

Aravisian

Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:05:41 pm

You have a missing dependency, I suspect.
You can find the driver here:
https://github.com/cilynx/rtl88x2bu
When you try to install via command line, the terminal print out should tell you what is missing. But yes, sometimes it just- stops. Or it will say ther eis no make-file even though you are looking right at the thing.
The usual method is
Code:
/.configure

Code:
make

Code:
sudo make install

In some cases, you can open the compressed package by selecting "Open With" and then selecting "Software install" and that will work even when some other installers fail. Which is odd.
I have had much less luck using the cli "Alien" to convert a file theb Gdebi to install on Zorin 15 than on Zorin 12.4
Even so, you might give that a shot. If nothing else, Gdebi may let you know what dependencies you need.

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09:42 pm

I bought a similar product a while back, only to find it only worked with a really old version of the Linux Kernel (3 point something or other) - That is like selling hardware today that will only run on Windows XP!

I would try and get your money back and get GNU/Linux friendly hardware from here:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/catalog/wi ... g-gnulinux