This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 15 Lite - Keyboard Macbook Late 2007(Santa Rosa)

PolGZ

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:33:54 am

First of all, hello to everybody.

A few days ago I installed Zorin OS 15 education on my desktop PC and everithing was awesome, I'm really liking it.

So I decided to maybe resurrect my old macbook (and my only laptop really).
It is a Macbook 1st generation: Polycarbonate Late 2007 (Santa Rosa), (apple mldel identifier MacBook3,1) 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel GMA X3100 graphics.

I installed Zorin OS 15 Lite. But the keyboard doesn't seem to work properly. 90% lf the keys do nothing.

I've tried installing xserver-xorg-input-all, also keyboard model and layout... And quite a few random answers I found. But nothing worked.

The thing is: an usb keyboard works properly AFTER you push block num, so now all keys work okey. I've flund that old macs use to have like a block num option were keys jkl make for 123, uio work as 456... So it seems they keyboard is like with block num activated. The external keyboard does the d same until you push block bum.

But I can't seem to make it go off. Tried pushing F6, alt key 5 times, all combinations with the fn key... But I can't make it work.

It's the first time I have any Linux distro on that mac, so I don't really know if it's specific for Zorin. The rest seems to work all just fine, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. And it works really smoothly, so i would love to solve this, since the whole idea of making the mac useful again was to carry it to the library and have something smooth enough to actually work on.

Thabks!

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:20:39 am

According to this article, Fn+ F6 is the toggle keys:

http://olofsson.info/index.html?inputremapper.html

Aravisian

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:00:31 am

Honestly, for a notebook make in '07, I would have opted for Zorin 12.4 Lite.

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:17:10 pm

Aravisian wrote:Honestly, for a notebook make in '07, I would have opted for Zorin 12.4 Lite.

Zorin have released a 15 Lite version of Education, both in 32-bit and 64-bit. ;) :D

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/files/15/

PolGZ

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:09:43 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:According to this article, Fn+ F6 is the toggle keys:

http://olofsson.info/index.html?inputremapper.html

I've tried that, but couldn't make that happen. Also some other combinations I founded

Aravisian wrote:Honestly, for a notebook make in '07, I would have opted for Zorin 12.4 Lite.

I don't think that would help with the supposed numlock problem, but thanks for your opinion anyway.

EDIT: After 3 days beating myself up trough forums and searches... I have solved my problem! But I can't seem to post it because of sql (Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA4\x94. ...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]) error. Contacted the admin.

Thanks guys, and sorry. As soon as possible I'll edit the post again

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:51:03 pm

Glad you got it sorted! you could always try and post the url with spaces? Copy to text editor (if allowable) or painstakingly enter each letter with a space and we could work it from there? ;) :D

PolGZ

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:27:29 pm

I didn't use any URL :/ just some ##... I'm on my phone, so I'll try later on the desktop